Sunday, August 9, 2009

OK, OK, I know I'm VERY late this time.

It's been over a year and I've just read my last post - amazing what can happen in 14 months.

I'm going to try to pick up the threads of the last posts and update my ever-smaller gaggle of readers on developments since.

First , the DOGS. When last I wrote, we were excited about the arrival of Mokey, then 8 months old. She DID arrive on time, dressed up to the nines by the joker-breeder with ribbons and pearls. She was nervous after the flight but took an immediate liking to Bu (who is, after all, her half-brother) and, after a quick pee on the grass at the cargo terminal, came back to Hubbards with us.

She's been here 14 months now and is a delight. Smaller and MUCH lighter on her feet than Bu, I call her the VTD. Some of my ex-colleagues will immediately say "Virtual Trading Desk?????" but no. This time, it stands for "Vertical Take-Off Dog".

She has many indiosyncracies which I'm sure will come up in future posts. For now, let's just say she's an expert bed and couch hog, VERY attached to all of us, especially Bu, plays well with the cats. She currently has one of my old socks (of which there is no shortage) bandaged to her foot after getting a toe nail clipped a bit too close this afternoon but, otherwise, she's fine.

I'm back - thanks to Kevin O who links to here from his site. When I can remember how, I'll return the favour.

More soon (yeah, I know, you don't believe me).

No comments: