Friday, September 11, 2009

More Bad News

I've waited two weeks but now feel I have no choice but to inform my readers of another animal tragedy.

The wonderful Yoda, ragdoll extraordinaire, best natured (and arguably best looking) cat I have ever known, didn't come home two Thursdays ago after one of the nights-on-the-tiles that he was prone to enjoy.

Maybe somebody has him and is looking after him; we have a friend whose cat came home after two YEARS gone, but, at this point, we have to figure something, animal or mineral, got him.

He arrived with us, quite three inches long, on the same magical day as the already obituarized L'Uther. Originally, he was only supposed to stay a week or so before starting a new life out West (Go West young cat!!) but his life and ours took a turn when I was offered the chance to buy him and present him to my wife for her upcoming birthday. We put him in a little box and put it in front of her at the dinner table. The box walked. Great moment.

He grew into a huge fluffball, throwing off huge gobs of fur with every step. The chair I am sitting in - a LazyBoy (TM) style recliner, was his favourite - if I sat here for more than 20 seconds, Yoda would be on my lap immediately.

We are not supposed to have favourites, are we? It's not fair on the others. Well, dammit, I don't care who knows, Yoda was my favourite. I love them all, L'Uther will always be a special memory, but there was only one Yoda.....ever.

I am not one to hold any delusions about an afterlife - in fact, I am planning an entry here soon on that and realated topics - watch this space. The concept is ridiculous to me; for cats, doubly so. But I DO understand the urge to WISH such a thing could be. Yoda's gone. Misadventure, probably. Unpleasant, almost certainly. Very very sad. I'll try to put up a picture.

There will be a happier follow-up to this story. No, I don't expect a miraculous return (though I'd surely like one), something else. Related, but "else". Can't talk about it yet - all will be revealed in a couple of weeks.

On a lighter and separate note, I am told you can find this blog ACCIDENTALLY!!!! Just stumble on it in Google. WOW. It happened, I gather, when one of my NSLC customers (yes, thank you, still lovin' it) wanted to know the store's hours. Type "NSLC Hubbards", or something like that, to Google and third item down was "Dyve's Dyary". They read it. They bookmarked it. They told me. Does that mean I'm famous?

1 comment:

Kevin Embroider said...

So sorry about Yoda. I have no love for cats but I can tell by the way you always spoke of Yoda you adored that cat.