Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Christmas to all my readers!

With yet more apologies for the infrequency of the updates here, I wish everyone out there a wonderful Christmas and, in case I get distracted again, a happy new year.

I plead distraction yet again - a family party in Moncton NB on Friday night, apart from being 3 hours away, carried on well into Saturday and was everything we expected it to be - wild.

Four guitars, sometimes playing the same song, strumming and picking away in the basement, a constant revolving darts marathon a few feet away and a traditional Maritime style (Brits think Jona Lewie) kitchen party going on upstairs. Dozens of cousins, nephews, nieces, spouses, girl/boyfriends, friends, you name it, in various degrees on inebritude but all partying down like there was no tomorrow (which, in a very real sense, there WASN'T, just a continuation of today).

Now we're all back home with Grandma (my mother-in-law but none of the traditional jokes apply, she really IS a sweet little old lady who has spent part of this morning learning to use Facebook!) here for a stay. Party season breaks out here for Christmas and kicks up to open-house-crazy-season on Thursday when all and sundry descend on our house and garage and stay till.......stay tilll.....well.......till they leave, I guess.

I know I still have a lot of serious business to do here - in no particular order - answer "questions to the Waeguk" (and, Simon, I have given yours some considerable thought while driving and have the mental version of the answer ready - just gotta type it out), finish the shopping series, work out how to put pictures one here, take some, do it; describe life here in other terms and generally make this into the dyary it was supposed to be.

Be patient, please, gentle readers, I have no routine whatsoever. A pretty darn good life alright, but no routine whatsoever. But then, I suppose that's Chrisrmas everywhere, innit? Enjoy!

No comments: